Big Kahuna Teriyaki Sandwiches
These BIG kahunas are stuffed with flavor and saucy goodness! Chicken, ham, pineapple, and loads of teriyaki sauce turn this into a MEGA sandwich. An instant family favorite in 30 minutes or less!
- 4 small-medium boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness (you can also use two large breasts and butterfly them)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika (or smoked paprika)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices swiss or provolone cheese
- 8 thin slices of deli ham (Virginia ham, Black Forest ham, use your favorite)
- 8 pineapple rings (fresh or canned)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups teriyaki sauce (store bought OR click [url:1]here[/url] for an easy homemade recipe)
- 4 sandwich buns or burger buns
- optional: sesame seeds, mayo
Season chicken breasts with garlic powder, paprika, and salt. Cook over medium heat on the stove OR on the grill, 5-6 minutes on each side until chicken is cooked through. Set aside and allow to cool slightly. Optional: Once cool enough to touch, slice chicken breasts into 1 inch strips - this is what I did but you could also leave the breasts whole if they are the right size for your sandwich buns.
Slice buns open. If desired, spread mayo on each bun.
Place chicken on the bottom of each bun. Top with a slice of cheese, then some teriyaki sauce. Add ham slices, then pineapple, and then top with more teriyaki sauce. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and if desired, sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Top with remaining bun. Serve warm.