Slow Cooker Adobo Chicken
Juicy and tender pulled chicken slow cooked in the most AMAZING spicy adobo sauce! Serve it with rice and veggies for an instant family favorite meal!
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2-4 chipotle peppers packed in adobo sauce (choose 2,3, or 4 based on how spicy you want it. these peppers are canned and can be found near the canned jalapeños at the grocery store)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Add all ingredients to your crockpot/slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
Minutes before serving, use two forks to shred chicken. Stir the chicken in the sauces inside the slow cooker. Cover and cook another 30 minutes. Serve with cooked rice, veggies, fresh cilantro and diced avocados if desired.