Slow Cooker General Tso's Chicken
An easy slow cooker version of the family favorite General Tso's chicken and it's soooo much better than takeout!
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds), chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup corn starch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce (can be found in the Asian section at most markets)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- steamed or fried rice for serving
Preheat oil in a nonstick pan or skillet over medium heat. Whisk together corn starch, salt, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and pepper.
Add corn starch mixture and chicken pieces to a large zip lock bag. Seal and shake to coat chicken.
Add coated chicken pieces to pan. Saute 1-2 minutes until browned. (It chicken will still be raw in the middle at this point, that's okay)
In a bowl combine all sauce ingredients and whisk to combine. Add half to the crockpot along with chicken pieces. Cook on low for 4 hours.
Immediately before serving, Add remaining sauce to the crockpot and stir gently. Serve with rice.