Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Bake
This cordon bleu-inspired creamy pasta bake is an instant family favorite!
Servings 12 servings
- 12 ounces bowtie pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups half and half OR heavy cream
- 4 slices swiss cheese, (or grated)
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese (shaved or grated), divided
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 3-4 thick slices of ham, chopped into 1 inch squares
- 2 cups chopped or shredded cooked chicken (rotisserie chicken would work fine)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (Italian seasoned OR plain + 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning)
In a medium sauce pan melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and saute 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add flour and stir until it clumps up.
Gradually whisk in half and half (or heavy cream) 1/2 cup at a time until all milk is incorporated and mixture is smooth.
Add swiss cheese, 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, onion powder, salt, pepper, and dijon mustard. Stir until smooth.
In a large bowl combine cooked pasta, chopped chicken, chopped ham, and the sauce. Mix until well combined. Transfer mixture to a casserole dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.
Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes until breadcrumbs are browned. Serve warm.
Calories: 15393kcal | Carbohydrates: 87g | Protein: 1340g | Fat: 1036g | Saturated Fat: 375g | Cholesterol: 3845mg | Sodium: 72334mg | Potassium: 17758mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 749IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 949mg | Iron: 56mg