Lemon Artichoke & Asparagus Pasta
An easy 20 minute pasta with artichokes, asparagus, and a creamy lemon sauce!
- 8 ounces bowtie pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- 12 asparagus spears, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk (I used fat free half and half, but use whatever you prefer)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- shaved parmesan
Spray a large pan or non stick skillet with cooking spray. Add artichoke hearts, lemon juice, and lemon zest and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes. Add asparagus and cook another 2-4 minutes until tender, stirring throughout. Remove artichokes and asparagus with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Add butter and garlic to pan and stir for 1 minute until garlic is fragrant. Add flour and stir until mixture forms a ball or clump. Slowly whisk in milk until mixture is smooth.
Add pasta and stir to coat. Stir in artichokes and asparagus. Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with parmesan cheese.