Chicken Pad Thai
Restaurant-style chicken pad thai - ready in just 30 minutes!
Servings 4 servings
- 8 ounces flat rice noodles (found in the Asian section in most grocery stores - may sub fettuccine noodles in a pinch), cooked al dente according to package instructions
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast pounded to ½ inch thickness and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- ⅓ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ cup sliced white onions
- ⅓ cup cilantro roughly chopped
- optional: peanuts
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (found in the Asian section at most grocery stores)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Cook chicken in a large wok or pan over medium heat, stirring throughout until cooked through (about 6-8 minutes), transfer chicken to a bowl and set aside. Whisk together all sauce ingredients and set aside.
Crack eggs over preheated pan (where you cooked the chicken) and allow to fry for a bout a minute ,then break it up with a spoon and add the onions and bean sprouts.
Add chicken and sauce. Add noodles and toss to coat the noodles in the sauce.
Stir in green onions and cilantro. Garnish with peanuts if desired.
Make it spicy: Add 1-2 teaspoons sriracha sauce or a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes to give it a kick!
Alternate protein: Easily swap out the chicken for shrimp, steak, or tofu!
Calories: 375kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 118mg | Sodium: 1144mg | Potassium: 419mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 460IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg