Chicken Enchilada Pasta Skillet
Everything you love about a gooey cheesy chicken enchilada made in just 30 minutes on the stovetop!
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 12 ounces penne pasta, cooked until tender (use package's instructions)
- 2 cups red enchilada sauce (I used mild)
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (or to taste)
- 6 corn tortillas (white or yellow), sliced into 1/2 inch strips
- 1/2 cup shredded mexican-style cheese (monteray, jack cheese, whatever you like)
- 1 avocado, diced (optional)
- 1 cup crunchy tortilla strips (you can find these with the salad toppings at your grocery store)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
Cook pasta and set aside. Season chicken with salt and pepper, garlic powder, and cumin. Spray a large pan or nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add chicken and cook over medium heat until chicken is cooked through (6-8 minutes).
Add enchilada sauce, sour cream, salt, and chili powder, stir to combine. Stir in cooked pasta and sliced tortillas. Add cheese and stir until melty. Top with avocado (optional), crunchy tortilla strips, and chopped cilantro.