Best Simple Tossed Green Salad
Best Simple Tossed Green Salad is the easiest side dish and goes perfectly with just about anything! Totally customizable and tossed in the tastiest 6-ingredient homemade dressing!
Servings 6 servings
- 5 cups loosely packed mixed greens or any favorite lettuce
- 2 tablespoons shelled sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup crumbled bacon or bacon bits
- ¼ red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber peeled and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup dijon mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup oil I use extra virgin olive oil
Combine dressing ingredients in a jar, cover and shake vigorously to combine.
In a large bowl combine mixed greens, sunflower seeds, bacon, red onions, cucumbers. Just before serving add dressing to taste and toss to combine. Serve immediately after tossing with dressing.
Tip: Feel free to add your favorite veggies like tomatoes, corn, or broccoli.
Tip: Turn this into a hearty main dish by adding your favorite protein like grilled chicken, steak, or shrimp.
Calories: 179kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 661mg | Potassium: 135mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 54IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg