Best Simple Tossed Green Salad
Best Simple Tossed Green Salad is the easiest side dish and goes perfectly with just about anything! Totally customizable and tossed in the tastiest 6-ingredient homemade dressing!
Servings 6 servings
- 5 cups loosely packed mixed greens or any favorite lettuce
- 2 tablespoons shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup crumbled bacon or bacon bits
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup oil I use extra virgin olive oil
Combine dressing ingredients in a jar, cover and shake vigorously to combine.
In a large bowl combine mixed greens, sunflower seeds, bacon, red onions, cucumbers. Just before serving add dressing to taste and toss to combine. Serve immediately after tossing with dressing.