Chili Lime Steak Tacos
These fresh and flavorful tacos are perfect for an stress-free weeknight dinner!
- 1 pound flank steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lime juice (plus more for serving)
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 1/2 cups black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
In a small bowl mix together garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, garlic salt, onion powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
Place steak pieces in a large bowl with 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice and toss to coat. Add seasoning mixture and toss to coat all steak pieces. Heat a large skillet or nonstick pan over medium high heat and cook steak until cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
Place 2-3 tablespoons black beans on one tortilla. Add 1 tablespoon chopped onion and 1-2 tablespoons avocado pieces. Top with steak and chopped cilantro. Repeat with remaining tacos. Serve with lime wedges.