Easy Baked Penne Pasta
This is an easy, fail-safe recipe you'll love! You can whip it up in a few minutes or it works perfectly as a make-ahead. It's so delicious, no one will ever guess how simple and easy it is!
- 8 ounces uncooked penne noodles
- 2 cups prepared alfredo sauce (one store-bought jar works great!)
- 1/4 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dry basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 chicken breast cooked, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms + 1/2 teaspoon olive oil + 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
Preheat oven to 400. Lightly grease a large casserole dish or two smaller casserole dishes with cooking spray.
Cook penne noodles according to package instructions. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add alfredo sauce, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese. Mix well to combine. (*Optional: add chicken and peppers here.) Scoop mixture into casserole dish and sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese. Bake 20 minutes and serve hot.
***Optional: If you would like to include the mushrooms (which I highly recommend!) saute the mushrooms over medium high heat with oil and garlic about 5 minutes or until fragrant and mushrooms are slightly browned on each side. Add before scooping into casserole dish.