Mexican Volcano Dip
This dip is such a crowd pleaser! Tons of flavor and a little kick, plus it makes a fantastic centerpiece!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, onion powder, chili powder, and cumin
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1/2 white or yellow onion, diced
- cilantro and shredded cheddar cheese, for topping
In a large bowl whip cream cheese with hand mixer for 1-2 minutes. Add 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, onion powder, chili powder, and cumin and mix well. Scoop mixture onto the center of a large serving plate and make a small crater in the center of the mixture with the back of a spoon.
In small bowl combine black beans, onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, and lime juice and mix to combine. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of black beans into cream cheese "crater". Spread remaining black beans around base of cream cheese.
Around the outer edge of the plate place onions and tomatoes and place one tablespoon onto top of black beans. Sprinkle entire plate with cilantro and shredded cheese. Chill until ready to serve. Serve with tortilla chips.