Shrimp Pad Thai with Peanut Sauce
This Shrimp Pad Thai with Peanut sauce is everything you've ever wanted in a spicy Thai dish: rice noodles, shrimp, veggies, peanuts, lime, cilantro, and more and it all comes together quickly right in your own kitchen.
Servings 4 servings
- 10 ounces thin rice noodles cooked according to package directions
- 1 pound medium or large shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts optional
- 3 eggs whisked
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- chopped cilantro and lime wedges for serving
creamy peanut sauce
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter microwaved for 30-45 seconds until easily pourable
- 1/4 cup fish sauce may substitute low sodium soy sauce in a pinch
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic OR 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce OR 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup water, more as needed
Stir together all sauce ingredients until smooth, set aside. It should be easily pourable - if not, add more water.
Drizzle a large skillet over medium heat with
oil. Saute shrimp, bean sprouts, and carrots until shrimp is cooked through.
Push shrimp and veggies to one side of the pan,
pour whisked eggs onto the uncovered half of the pan. Stir eggs often until scrambled.
Stir noodles, sauce, and green onions into the
pan. Give it a good toss, garnish with cilantro and lime wedges if desired and serve immediately.