Shrimp and Broccoli Alfredo
This Shrimp and Broccoli Alfredo dish combines all the best things about al dente pasta, creamy, cheesy alfredo sauce, delicious, buttery shrimp, and hearty broccoli all in one pot, for an easy weekday meal that's done in just 30 minutes!
- 1 pound medium or large shrimp peeled and deveined, tails removed if desired
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 ounces medium pasta shells boiled until tender and drained
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups whole milk or half n half for a richer sauce, sub one cup of heavy cream
- 2/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1-2 teaspoons salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper or 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- additional grated parmesan cheese for topping
Drizzle oil in a large (2-inch deep) skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and saute for 4-6 minutes until opaque and cooked through. Transfer to a dish and cover to keep warm.
Add broccoli and water to the pan, cover and cook 4-6 minutes until broccoli is fork-tender. Drain any remaining liquid and set broccoli aside with the shrimp.
Add butter to the pan (still over medium heat). Once melted, stir in garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Sprinkle flour over melted butter and stir to combine.
Gradually whisk in milk until incorporated and smooth.
Stir in cheese, salt, and pepper until cheese is completely melted and incorporated. Taste, add more salt and pepper if needed.
Stir in cooked pasta shells, shrimp, and broccoli. Top with additional parmesan cheese and serve.