Best Easy Italian Green Salad
This Best Easy Italian Green Salad is my go-to when I crave an easy, nutritious side that complements just about any pasta dish or is great on its own as a light meal.
- 6 cups lettuce
- 1/3 cup mini pepperonis OR regular pepperonis, quartered
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cubed, or cheese sticks chopped
- 1/2-1 cup garlic croutons
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons salted sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper or to taste
- pinch of red pepper flakes
Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar, cover and shake until blended. Set aside until ready to use.
In a large bowl toss together lettuce, pepperoni, mozzarella, parmesan, cucumbers, and sunflower seeds.
Just before serving, give the dressing a good shake, then pour over salad and toss. Serve immediately.