Enchilada Quinoa Stuffed Zucchini
Healthy, baked Enchilada Quinoa Stuffed Zucchini boats with all the flavors of an enchilada rolled into a lightened up 30 minute vegetarian dish the whole family will love.
- 3-4 medium zucchini
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can yellow corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can mild or medium enchilada sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste I used about 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- sour cream, diced tomatoes, avocado, sliced olives, green onions, cilantro optional toppings
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise, use a tablespoon to scoop out the seedy center and discard. Place side by side, cut side up, on a baking sheet or in a casserole dish.
In a large bowl stir together quinoa, black beans, corn, enchilada sauce, 1/2 cup of the shredded Mexican blend cheese, cumin, chili powder, and salt and pepper.
Spoon quinoa mixture into zucchini boats. Bake for 15 minutes.
Top zucchini with remaining cheese. Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheeses are melted.
Add desired toppings and serve.
Top these zucchini boats with any of your favorite taco toppings like salsa, sour cream, cilantro, hot sauce, guacamole or diced avocado - go wild!
If you don't care for quinoa, you can easily substitute long grain white rice or brown rice in this recipe!