Chicken Salad with Grapes
Easy and hearty Chicken Salad with Grapes, pecans, celery, and a light and creamy dressing with one ingredient that makes this traditional chicken salad better than the rest!
Servings 8 servings
- 3 cups cubed or shredded chicken rotisserie chicken works great
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2/3 cup pecans halves, or chopped
- 1 cup grapes, halved red, green, or combination of both
- croissants, sandwich rolls, bread, or wraps for serving
light and creamy chicken salad dressing
- 1/2 cup light mayo
- 1/3 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 3 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
Stir together all dressing ingredients until smooth, set aside.
In a large bowl combine chicken, celery, pecans, and grapes.
Pour dressing over chicken salad. Toss well to combine and coat evenly in the dressing.
I fixed 8 generously-filled croissant sandwiches with this recipe. You could easily make 10 lesser-filled sandwiches, or double or triple the recipe to feed a crowd.
This recipe can easily be halved for a small batch OR it keeps very well in the fridge in an airtight container for several days.
Pecans can be left out, or substituted with walnuts or cashews.