Raspberry Crumb Bars
Easiest raspberry crumb bars made with preserves and fresh raspberries sandwiched between a layer of buttery, flaky crust and a sweet, oatmeal topping, plus a glaze for good measure!
Servings 16 bars
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond or vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon of each
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup flour
- 1 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 cup fresh raspberries divided
- 8 tablespoons butter, chilled
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 3-6 tablespoons milk, as needed
Prepare the crust
In a large bowl combine melted butter, sugar, and extract. Stir together.
Add salt and flour and stir.
Press dough into prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes.
Prepare the crumb topping
Dice the chilled butter into small cubes.
In a medium bowl stir together brown sugar, oats, flour, and salt. Add butter and mash with a fork (or pulse in a food processor!) til coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle over filling.
Finish it up
Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool before cutting into bars. (You can pop it into the fridge to speed this up).
While cooling, prepare the glaze by stirring together the powdered sugar, extract, and enough milk to make the glaze easily pourable. Drizzle over bars and serve.
- When made as written, this recipe makes 12-16 bars just depending on how large you cut the bars at the end. It can easily be doubled in a 9x13 pan for more bars (they'll be thicker and need 5-10 minutes longer in the oven).
- If you're impatient, like me, you can pop the pan into the oven (place a dish towel underneath if the pan is still hot) to speed up the cooling process. Bonus: these taste AMAZING chilled!
- The glaze is optional but definitely recommended - it just takes the whole dessert to the next level and looks super pretty!
- These bars would work great with blackberries or even a combination of both raspberries and blackberries.
Calories: 386kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 320mg | Potassium: 82mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 762IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg