Best Ever Peach Crisp
Overflowing with sweet, juicy peaches and topped with a cinnamon-sugar-oatmeal buttery crumble top, this peach crisp makes perfect use of all those in-season, delicious summer peaches and comes together in a flash!
Servings 8 servings
- 3 pounds peaches sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- vanilla ice cream for serving
For the topping
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 14 tablespoons butter chilled and cut into small cubes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter a 9x13 inch pan.
In a large bowl combine peaches, lemon juice, vanilla, flour, and sugar and stir well. Dump into prepared pan and spread out peaches evenly.
In a medium bowl combine flour, oats, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon and stir well.
Cut in chilled butter (use a pastry cutter, fork, or your fingertips OR you can pulse a few times in a food processor). until coarse crumbs form.
Spoon the topping over the peaches in an even layer.
Bake for 35-45 minutes until topping is browned around the edges and top is looking "dry" and crisp.
Cool for 15 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
For the peaches:
- I prefer yellow peaches as they are sweeter than white.
- Feel free to peel them if you prefer, I like the skin on the peaches but my husband prefers it off so I usually end up peeling them. Totally your preference!
- Don't slice your peaches too thin - the topping takes at least 40 minutes to really crisp up and if your peaches are sliced too thin they will get really soft or even mushy.
Calories: 327kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 300mg | Potassium: 413mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 54g | Vitamin A: 555IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 2mg