Sriracha Orange Beef
Tender Asian beef stir-fried with red bell peppers in an addictive sweet and spicy sriracha orange sauce!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds thin-cut beef (like flank steak, skirt steak, or similar), cut into 1-inch slices
- 1-2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2-3 tablespoons sriracha sauce (a spicy red chili sauce found in the Asian section of most grocery stores)
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce (I used low sodium)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
In a large skillet saute beef, bell peppers, and garlic til garlic is fragrant (2-3 minutes).
In a small bowl whisk together orange juice, sriracha (2 or 3 tablespoons depending on how spicy you like it), soy sauce, and sesame oil. Add to pan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes until beef is cooked through and peppers are tender.
Whisk together cold water and corn starch. Add to pan and stir to combine. Continue to cook until thickened.
Serve with cooked rice or noodles and top with crushed red peppers if desired.