Grilled Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Wraps
Grilled Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Wraps filled with juicy, seasoned, grilled chicken topped with tart pineapple, and tangy teriyaki sauce all wrapped in soft pita bread. A perfect quick and tasty summertime dish!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 sliced pineapple rings (or 1 cup chopped pineapple)
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce (my favorite store-bought brand is Kikkoman, or use the recipe below!)
- 4 pita wraps
- optional: sesame seeds, lettuce, mayo, tomatoes
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
Preheat grill to medium heat. Season chicken breasts with garlic powder, chili powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Grill for 5-8 minutes on each side until chicken is cooked through.
Assemble wraps by placing a grilled chicken breast, onions, pineapple, and any other desired toppings on each pita. Top with teriyaki sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds and cilantro if desired. Serve immediately.
For the homemade teriyaki sauce whisk all ingredients together in a small sauce pan. Stir constantly while bringing to a boil. Boil for 1-2 minutes. Reduce heat and transfer to a heat-safe bowl to serve.