Slow Cooker Swiss Steak
Tender and juicy slow cooker swiss steak smothered in onions, mushrooms, and gravy.
- 6 medium very thin steaks (chicken steaks, blade steaks, or round steaks work well)
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
Place steaks in slow cooker. In a oiled skillet saute mushrooms, onions, and garlic over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until tender and fragrant. Transfer to slow cooker on top of steaks. Sprinkle salt and pepper of the top to taste.
In a medium bowl whisk beef stock, flour, oil, and Italian seasoning. Pour into slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
Stir in heavy cream, cover and cook on high for another 10-15 minutes or so until the heavy cream has heated through and gravy is hot.
Taste, add salt and pepper to taste as needed. Sprinkle with parsley, garnish with freshly cracked black pepper, and serve.