One Pot Enchilada Orzo
A single dish is all you need to fix this flavorful one pan enchilada orzo and make it an instant family favorite.
- 1 cup dry orzo pasta
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth (sub vegetable broth for vegetarian)
- 2 15-ounce cans mild or medium red enchilada sauce
- 1 15-ounce can yellow corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- optional toppings: avocado, tomatoes, chopped cilantro, olives, sour cream, cottage cheese, salsa
Combine orzo, broth, enchilada sauce, corn, beans, and seasonings in a large nonstick (or well-greased) pot and sitr to combine. Cover and cook over medium-low heat 20-25 minutes, until liquid is absorbed and orzo is tender.
Uncover, stir, and sprinkle cheese over the top. Cover again and allow to cook 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted. Add any desired toppings and serve.