Apple Pie Roll Ups
Flaky, buttery crescents rolled stuffed with juicy roasted apples, cinnamon, sugar, and pecans, baked to toasty perfection and drizzled with cream cheese icing!
- 1 package/tube refrigerated crescent dough
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped pecans (I used Diamond of California Pecan Chips)
- 1 large red apple (I used a gala apple)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil - lightly greased with cooking spray.
Unroll crescent dough and separate crescent triangles out on a clean, flat surface. Divide brown sugar, cinnamon, apple pie spice, and pecans between the triangles.
Core the apple and slice into 1/2 inch wedges (you need one slice per crescent). Dredge apple slices in the melted butter, then place one on each crescent triangle at the wide end. Roll crescents wide end toward pointy end and place on prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 10-13 minutes until crescents are golden and apples are tender.
For the icing, cream together cream cheese and butter. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and mix. Add milk 1 teaspoon at a time until consistency is easily pourable. Drizzle over warm crescents and serve.