Flaky, buttery Apple Pie Roll Ups made from crescents rolled stuffed with juicy roasted apples, cinnamon, sugar, and pecans, baked to toasty perfection and drizzled with cream cheese icing!
Apple pie without the hassle. Sounds good right??
These are so incredibly easy and tasty, there’s no way you’re gonna eat just one. Well maybe you will. If you have iron clad self control and can pass up a warm and buttery crescent filled with ooey gooey baked apple goodness and drizzled with cream cheese icing.
I don’t have that kind of self control. I’m just gonna put that out there. I ate 3 of these in about 8 seconds flat.
No shame here.
And look! ^^^^^^ I even took some step-by-step photos for you. I’m not entirely sure why because honestly, they are so SO easy. But ya know, just in case I guess. Or just for fun. Because I really had too much fun whipping these up and I guess I couldn’t resist documenting it along the way.
So if you have 30 minutes and are craving something apple-pie-ish, you should really make these apple pie roll ups. You can drizzle the cream cheese icing on top, but if you’re anything like me you might just skip the drizzle and go straight to dunking.
No shame here friends, no shame.
Apple Pie Roll Ups
- 1 package refrigerated crescent dough
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1 large red apple
- 2 tablespoons butter - melted
- 1 ounce cream cheese - softened
- 1 tablespoon butter - softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil – lightly greased with cooking spray.
- Unroll crescent dough and separate crescent triangles out on a clean, flat surface. Divide brown sugar, cinnamon, apple pie spice, and pecans between the triangles.
- Core the apple and slice into 1/2 inch wedges (you need one slice per crescent). Dredge apple slices in the melted butter, then place one on each crescent triangle at the wide end. Roll crescents wide end toward pointy end and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes until crescents are golden and apples are tender.
- For the icing, cream together cream cheese and butter. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and mix. Add milk 1 teaspoon at a time until consistency is easily pourable. Drizzle over warm crescents and serve.