Cinnamon Roll Dippers (No Yeast) – An inside-out version of that cinnamon roll deliciousness you love without the fuss!!!
I’ve been holding out on you. I made these bad boys a month a go. . . I’m sorry! I don’t know why but I’ve been “saving” them. For what I’m not sure. I just kept thinking oh, I need a special occasion to share these. And a month has come and gone and I still have not shared them! So I decided I would create a special occasion. Happy Cinnamon Roll Dipper Wednesday!
Cinnamon rolls are one of my absolute favorite breakfast foods. Probably because they taste way more like dessert than breakfast. Cinnamon, sugar, frosting… ummmm, yeah that’s definitely fitting for the most important meal of the day! I made these on a weekend morning for the husband and myself and I was floored with how they turned out. I mean, I imagined them in the first place so naturally I expected to like them but… these were AMAZING.
It’s genius really. An inside-out cinnamon roll which requires no yeast at all, can be made ahead and ready in 15 minutes the morning of, and you dip them in the glaze so you never have that oh shoot, I should have doubled the frosting recipe feeling in the pit of your stomach that inevitably comes with the first bite of every traditional cinnamon roll.
I may or may not have a cinnamon roll obsession. It started with those harmless little 1 Hour No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls I made a few months back. Then I got real creative with the Cinnamon Roll Pound Cake (which, by the way is my most popular recipe!). And then a couple of weeks ago I died and went to heaven with these Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Pancakes. But today, it’s official. We’ve revolutionized the cinnamon roll. Which is saying something since the cinnamon roll is pretty much the best breakfast culinary invention ever. Easy, insanely delicious, and dippable. For all of you fellow double-dip offenders, you know exactly what I mean when I say, it’s ten times better if it’s dippable. These are going to make a reappearance in my kitchen very regularly, I don’t know how we ever lived without them!
- 1½ cups flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar (divided)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, softened +1 tablespoon (divided)
- 3-6 tablespoons ice cold water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Cut in ½ cup butter with pastry cutter or two forks until crumbly. Add 3 tablespoons ice cold water and mix to combine. Add more water 1 tablespoon at a time as needed until mixture comes together. Flatten dough into a round disk, wrap with plastic wrap, and chill 15 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- When dough has chilled, unwrap it and use a pizza cutter to cut into 1-1/2 inch strips. Place wtrips on prepared baking sheet. Use a rubber spatula to spread 1 tablespoon butter over the tops of the strips. Combine cinnamon and 1 tablespoon sugar in a small bowl and sprinkle mixture on top of buttered strips. Bake uncovered 12-14 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Prepare the glaze dip by combining softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a bowl. Use a hand mixer to mix well. Add milk 1 teaspoon at a time until a smooth consistency is reached. In a small sauce pan combine brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon and whisk until butter melts and mixture is smooth. Drizzle cinnamon mixture into prepared glaze dip. Serve dippers warm or at room temp. Enjoy!
Cinnamon roll lover?! Try these next!