Samoas Cupcakes – Moist vanilla cupcakes topped with a fluffy chocolate frosting, toasted coconut, caramel drizzle and Samoas Girl Scout cookies!
Samoas are my all-time favorite Girl Scout cookie. Grasshoppers come in a close second, I must say. But Samoas take first priority always. I can’t get over the coconut-caramel-chocolate combination. It just sings to me.
Haaaaaaaaaaa – le – lu – jah. Concourses of angels.
Possibly the only thing I like better than a Samoa Girl Scout cookie, is a Samoa Girl Scout cookie CUPCAKE. Oh. My. Word. So good! A moist vanilla cupcake topped with thick chocolate-y frosting, toasted coconut, Samoa cookies and a caramel drizzle . . . wow. Just wow. This are easy to make and sure to impress – especially when your guests are Samoa Girl Scout cookie addicts. (Like me)
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg + 2 egg yolks - at room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup sour cream
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1 large (5.9 ounce) chocolate pudding mix - dry
- ⅔ cup half and half - or heavy cream
- 6 samoa cookies - cut in half
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut flakes
- ½ cup caramels - melted
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners (12).
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. In another small bowl combine egg, egg yolks, vanilla, and sour cream. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to combine. Pour batter into prepared liners filling each about 2/3 full. Bake 18-22 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Place shredded coconut in a pan and cook over medium high heat, stirring throughout until coconut begins to brown slightly on the edges, remove from heat and set aside. Mix together powdered sugar, chocolate pudding mix, and heavy cream or half and half. Spread or pipe frosting onto cupcakes.
- Top each with 1/2 Samoa cookie. Sprinkle with toasted coconut. In a microwave safe bowl melt caramel and heavy cream and stir until smooth. Drizzle onto cupcakes. Store in airtight container.
If you like these cupcakes, you’ll also love my Shamrock Shake!