White Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies – Soft chocolate thumbprint cookies with a milk chocolate center, topped with a white Reeses!
Day three of our home improvement project is officially over and I must say we survived in spectacular fashion. Unless you count our aching knees and backs and my ruined jeans. It’s all for the cause.
The project isn’t exactly complete… but the big stressful part is over and we are through the time crunch. On Monday my husband will be starting on the baseboards and door casings and I’ll be back in my kitchen cooking up a storm. It was nice to have a little break, but by day two I was missing my oven and since I got a few new awesome cooking utensils for Christmas, I’m dying to put them to good use!
I’m ready to get another batch of cookies in the oven and then into my mouth pronto. These cookies were so good! I loved the soft chewy thumbprint cookie base with the soft milk chocolate center. But my favorite part of course is the white Reeses peanut butter cup of course! Yummmmm. Now, you don’t absolutely have to drizzle the peanut butter on top but… actually you do. You do have to because it is delicious and pretty and will make the entire experience just that more wonderful. Whip up a batch of these White Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Thumbprint Cookies quick, you’ll be so glad you did! And bring me some when they are done, I wouldn’t mind a few more.
If you like these Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies, you’ll love my Caramel Shortbread Bars.
White Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 cup butter - softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- white Reeses peanut butter cups - unwrapped
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Cream together butter and powdered sugar. Mix in cocoa powder. Add egg yolks and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined. Roll 1-1.5 tablespoons of dough into a ball and place on greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough placing dough balls 2 inches apart.
- Use the back of a wooden spoon to press a small well into the center of each dough ball. Bake 10-12 minutes. Use back of wooden to re-form well in each cookie. Allow to cool on wire racks.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on half heat for 1 minute. Stir, and microwave 20 seconds at a time, until melted. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate into the center of each cookie. Allow to cool mostly before gently pressing peanut butter cups into the chocolate centers.
- Allow to cool completely. Warm peanut butter in microwave about 20-30 seconds until pourable. Drizzle peanut butter over cookies in any pattern you like. Store in airtight container.
These look SO good- I’ve never seen the white Reeses before!
Man, what I would give to have a stack of those cookies in front of me. They look amazing!!!!
Oh my gosh, next time I’m sending some to you cause I ate almost every single one by myself! Ah! Haha! Thanks Jocelyn!
Oh wow! These look amazing! I didn’t even know that those white chocolate reeses existed! #eyeopener!!! I could pop a few…………dozen of those in my mouth right now!! Saw these featured at “Time to Sparkle”. Nice job!!
Don’t you love when you discover something you can’t believe you ever lived without?! White chocolate peanut butter reeses cups = so on that list of somethings I can’t live without. Thanks so much for stopping by Renee!! 🙂