Cool and creamy frozen peanut butter pie with chocolate crust! This EASY no-bake treat is the perfect way to beat the summer heat!
Yayyyyyy more frozen summer treats! The other day I mentioned I had a frozen pie coming up soon. Well here it is… Happy Monday!
This is not your average boring pie, guys, this is a FROZEN peanut butter pie with a chocolate crust. How much yum can you have in one place?!? The best part? This scrumptious summer dessert is no bake! Cause really, who wants to turn their oven on when it’s 96+ outside? Yeah not me.
This pie is ridiculously easy, requires just a few ingredients, and is oh-my-gosh-so-good. I don’t even like pie (gasp!) and I love this peanut butter pie! Probably because it’s cold and creamy so it tastes more like ice cream to me than a regular pie. When the heat wave hits and you’re craving something sweet, this frozen pie hits the spot!
No Bake Frozen Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 chocolate pie crust (usually found near the graham crackers in your grocery store)
- 1 1/4 cups half and half or milk (I used fat free half and half)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese (I used fat free), softened
- 1 8-ounce container frozen cool whip, thawed
- optional: 1/2 cup peanuts roughly chopped (divided), chocolate shavings
- In a large bowl beat half and half (or milk) with the sugar 1-2 minutes. Add vanilla and peanut butter and mix until smooth. Chill 30 minutes.
- Whip cream cheese until fluffy. Add cream cheese to chilled peanut butter mixture from Step 1. Add whipped cream and mix until smooth. (Optional: add 1/4 roughly chopped peanuts.) Pour mixture into pie crust. Freeze uncovered 4 hours or overnight. Top frozen pie with remaining chopped peanuts and chocolate shavings if desired. Transfer to fridge to thaw about 30 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light Comfort Food.