So incredibly easy to make with just 15 minutes prep and no baking involved! These are addicting!
Oh and a really quick announcement! I am proud to announce that Creme de la Crumb now offers ZipList – the must have shopping list that makes life easier. Many of you may already use ZipList on other sites. For those of you who aren’t familiar, you can now add the ingredients for any recipe from Creme de la Crumb to your shopping list with just one click. Or just save recipes that you know you want to make later to the ZipList recipe box. Now you can keep all your favorite recipes from all your favorite sites in one organized place – on the web or on-the-go with the free ZipList mobile app. Gahhhh, so excited! Okay, on to the yummy stuff…
Thanks to a recommendation from one of my Instagram followers, we had a really fun lunch last weekend at The Cheese Shop in Williamsburg. Seriously, it’s called The Cheese Shop. Give me all the cheese! So many kinds. And then there were homemade jellies and sauces and spreads and aiolis and pickled tasty things from floor to ceiling along every single wall. I almost shed a tear for pure joy.
That same Instagram follower suggested we hop next door to Wythe’s Candy Shop and I’ve gotta say THANK YOU to her because I stuffed my face with some of the best fudge I’ve ever had the pleasure of tasting. S’mores and peanut butter-chocolate were the flavors of the day and they were absolutely perfect. The peanut butter one was my favorite, so creamy, so peanut buttery, so rich.
These peanut butter bars are rich too but wayyy easier to make than even the simplest fudge recipe. These are no-bake and come together in less than 20 minutes. The best part is the chocolate on top. The secret is that it isn’t just chocolate, it’s chocolate and peanut butter all swirled together into one splendid topping you can’t get enough of. Don’t you just want to sink your teeth into these bars?? Try not to eat them all in one sitting!
Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 2 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine melted butter, graham crack crumbs, rolled oats, powdered sugar, and 1 cup peanut butter in a large bowl. Mix well. Press dough into a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine chocolate chips and remaining 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir. Return to microwave and heat for 20 seconds, stir and repeat process until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Spread melted chocolate/peanut butter over bottom layer in the pan. Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars. (you can allow them to cool at room temperature or in the fridge for quicker results) Store at room temperature in airtight container.
Recipe adapted from All Recipes.