Two very exciting things to talk about today. This incredible pasta dish featuring all the goodness that should be in a Fall pasta dish is the first, and the second is my trip to Chicago last week. They’re sort of one and the same. A two day trip to Chicago to attend the O Organics® “Organic for All™” event and visit Kendall College was something I couldn’t pass up.
Breakfast lunch and dinner featured dishes made with O Organics but I have to say that besides the pb&j overnight oats we had for breakfast (which I’m obsessed with and need to make a copycat pretty soon here…) my favorite part of the trips had to be experimenting in the Kendall College kitchen.
Every O Organics product we could ever want at our fingertips and you better believe a pasta dish was happening in my corner of that ginormous kitchen. Penne and butternut squash spoke to me right off the bat and when I ended up adding that goat cheese… the whole thing fell together. Take my word for it, you’re gonna fall in love with this easy and delicious 30-minute Fall pasta dish!
Butternut Squash & Goat Cheese Penne
- 8 ounces penne - cooked according to package's instructions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups diced butternut squash - boiled or steamed til tender
- ¼ white or yellow onion - diced
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ⅓ cup goat cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh herbs - for garnish
- Drizzle olive oil into a large skillet over medium heat. Add butternut squash, onions, mushrooms, and garlic and saute until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in penne, spinach, and goat cheese until goat cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh herbs such as thyme or oregano and serve immediately.
I get my O Organics products at Safeway and Albertsons, but if you are outside of the Utah area, O Organics products are available at Albertsons Companies stores across the country, including ACME Markets, Vons, Jewel-Osco, Shaw’s, Tom Thumb, Randalls, Pavilions and Star Market.
At the recent O Organics ‘Organic for All™’ event in Chicago, I had the opportunity to work with a vast selection of O Organics products, but please check your local Albertsons family store to see what’s available in your area.
Thank you to Safeway and Albertsons for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.
Is there a substitution for goat cheese?
Feta works well!
Made this tonight and really enjoyed it. Added pan-fried zucchini and Red pepers
You just can’t go wrong with adding zucchini and red peppers to anything! Thanks for your feedback, Heather!