Easy and simple 5-ingredient slow cooker ravioli lasagna recipe made right in your crockpot with frozen cheese ravioli and garlic basil marinara sauce is an easy dump it and forget it meal your family will love.
This is my kind of lasagna. This cheesy, no-ground-beef, 5 ingredient, slow cookery version is my dream lasagna. Now before you run for the hills because I said no ground beef, keep your socks on, I have included notes for how to amp up this recipe with some Italian ground sausage if you’re a must-have-meat person. Remain calm meat-lovers, vegetarians, and meatless enthusiasts, I have not forgotten any of you.
This recipes has that wow-factor. I still have a hard time believing so much flavor and goodness can be packed into a meal that has just 5 ingredients and requires 5 minutes of preparation. My logical side says it’s just not possible to have an amazingly tasty lasagna dinner that requires so little of me, but I ate this ravioli lasagna. I devoured it. So I know for a fact that this dish delivers everything I could ever want in a set it and forget it crockpot meal and then some.
The process is super simple and oh so easy. First you’re gonna grease your slow cooker with a little cooking spray (you can also use butter or oil if you don’t care for cooking sprays). Pour your marinara sauce in a bowl and stir in some minced garlic and fresh basil. Next, layer half of your frozen cheese ravioli in the bottom of the slow cooker. Pour half of the sauce over the top of the ravioli.
Now top that marinara goodness with a whole lot of CHEESE. Repeat the process laying the rest of your ravioli, sauce, and cheese. And that’s it for prep! Just cover and let the crockpot do its thing for about 4-6 hours and come back to…
THIS. Ravioli lasagna slow cookery magic.
Hungry for more? Try my Best Easy Lasagna recipe next!
Slow Cooker Ravioli Lasagna
- 1 15-ounce package frozen cheese-filled ravioli - (do not thaw)
- 1 24-ounce jar marinara sauce - (or 2-3 cups homemade)
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- handful of fresh basil - finely chopped, (plus additional for topping – optional)
- 2 cups Italian-blend shredded cheese - (you can use a pre-mixed Italian blend, or use a combination of shredded mozzarella and parmesan)
- Grease your slow cooker with cooking spray. In a medium bowl stir together marinara sauce, garlic, and basil.
- Layer half of the frozen ravioli in the bottom of the slow cooker. Cover with half of the sauce, then half of the cheese. Repeat process and layer ravioli, then sauce, and then cheese on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Garnish with fresh basil and cracked black pepper if desired and serve.
Would it work to add baby spinach to the layers?
I think so! Sounds yummy
Very easy to make but i definitely think the itAlian sausage is a necessity For flavor. Its just too bland without it. I gave it 3 stars because while it was super easY, My family felt it was “just okAy.”
CaN I double the recipe? ANdhow long would I cook it.
Normally, I avoid “convenience” foods in favor of homemade. But even with the frozen ravioli, This is good. I added, as usual, garlic, and spinach with my homemade sauce, and will probably thaw the sweet Italian sausage to add next time. Just as a side note, I never use commercial cooking spray; I bought a squirt bottle (thank you, Amazon) and fill it with good-quality olive oil. Works just like the expensive convenience variety.
Can dried Basil be used instead of fresh? How much would I use ?
Yes, you can. The rule of thumb is use 1 teaspoon of dried herbs for every 1 tablespoon of fresh herbs