Creamy chicken marsala tortellini with garlic and tender mushrooms is full of incredible flavor and makes a great, easy 30 minute meal for busy nights.
Chicken and noodles, noodles and chicken. It’s a thing. But as much as I love a great chicken noodle soup (Mom, yours takes the cake), sometimes I want that classic combo in a non-soup form. Today is one of those sometimes. So I made chicken and noodles with a marsala skillet twist and it is per-fec-tion.
Creamy garlic and mushroom marsala sauce with juicy, very lightly breaded chicken and tender cheese-filled tortellini is nothing short of magic on a cool Fall night in my house. Serve it up with a loaf of buttery garlic French bread or a fresh green salad and you’ll have a hard time finding a dinner as easy and tasty as this one! Fancy enough to serve for company and simple enough to make any day of the week.
What people are saying about this Chicken Marsala Tortellini
“This is the first recipe I’ve tried from your site and it did not disappoint. I was hesitant to dip the chicken in flour (only because my favorite chicken thighs usually come straight off the skillet) – but I had no reason to worry, they were delicious and not overly fried at all! Love 30 minutes meals!” – Darcey
“The chicken marsala tortellini was another very good recipe. I believe that this was the third chicken recipe that I have tried from this site and they have all been excellent! Thank you for sharing your recipes with the rest of the world!!!” – Jim
Chicken Marsala Tortellini
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts - OR 4-6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ⅓ cup flour + 2 tablespoons - divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup dry marsala cooking wine
- juice of 1 small lemon
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped parsley
- 8 ounces tortellini pasta
- fresh herbs - for garnish
- Cook tortellini according to package's instructions, set aside. Season chicken with salt and pepper, toss in 1/3 cup flour, and add to a greased pan over medium heat. Cook 5-7 minutes on each side until chicken is cooked through and browned. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add butter to pan and stir until melted. Add mushrooms, garlic, and parsley and continue to stir for 2-4 minutes until mushrooms are tender and garlic is fragrant. Sprinkle flour over mushrooms and stir until coated.
- Add marsala wine and lemon juice to pan and stir 5-6 minutes longer, stirring throughout until sauce is thickened.
- Add chicken and tortellini and cook until tortellini is heated through (3-4 minutes). Season with salt and pepper to taste, garnish with herbs (parsley or thyme are my favorites) and serve immediately.