Margherita Pierogies Skillet meal ready in 30 minutes! Tender and pillowy pierogies topped with basil pesto, melty mozzarella, and fresh cherry tomatoes.
This recipe is sponsored by Mrs. T’s Pierogies – all opinions are my own.
Okay, let’s talk pierogies for a moment shall we? Tender pasta shells stuffed with savory ingredients like cheddar and onions folded in with creamy whipped potatoes. That’s right, two of your favorite comfort foods – potatoes and pasta- are finally united my friends and it is pure heaven.
I’m so excited to have partnered up with Mrs. T’s Pierogies to show you how to turn their super-tasty, classic pierogies into a skillet meal fit for any get together with friends or family. This recipe is absolutely bursting with flavor, and only calls for SIX ingredients. Wait, what?? YES! That’s all it takes to whip up this super-quick and delicious meal.
This fuss-free skillet meal starts by simmering the pierogies in a bit of oil and water for a few minutes until fork-tender. I really love using Mrs. T’s Classic Onion Pierogies in this particular recipe, but they have 15 varieties (including adorable mini-pierogies!!) to choose from so if your heart pulls you another one of their delicious flavors, go for it! You can’t go wrong with any of them.
Once the pierogies are nice and tender, drain the excess liquid from your skillet and top the pierogies with some basil pesto and shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake for about 10 minutes until the cheese is melty and then top it off with chopped cherry tomatoes and fresh basil.
This easy meal comes together in just 30 minutes and tastes incredible with just a handful of bold ingredients that pack a lot of flavor into such a simple dish. You’ll love this pierogy-fied take on classic margherita chicken!
What people are saying about this MARGHERITA PIEROGIES SKILLET meal
“Love these so much! Gave them a try and will definitely be making them again! 🙂” – Lindsay
Margherita Pierogies Skillet
- 1 package Mrs. T's Classic Onion Pierogies
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup prepared basil pesto
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil, for garnish
- Pour water over the pierogies. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat and cook for 3 minutes, then flip pierogies over and cook another 2-3 minutes until tender and easily pierced through with fork. Drain liquid from skillet.
- Spoon pesto on top of the pierogies, then sprinkle with shredded mozzarella. Bake for 10 minutes until cheese is completely melted. Top with tomatoes and fresh basil and serve immediately.