Roasted Red Pepper Ravioli is an easy, cheesy ravioli baked in a quick and creamy roasted red pepper sauce.
I’m not a spaghetti person. You will never see it on this blog because – I really quite loathe it. I don’t like the sauce, I don’t like the noodles, I don’t like it at all.
But I like fettuccine, I like linguini, penne, tortellini, macaroni… YUM. Ravioli though, is definitely one of my favorite forms of pasta. Pillows stuffed with creamy cheesy, spinachy, meaty goodness. Yes pleeeeease.
Now this sauce? It is spoon from the pan worthy. Meaning, half of it ends up straight inside my belly – no pasta involved – because it is so darn good. The roasted red pepper flavors, tomato, a little cream cheese, some Italian seasoning…
I luv it.
And it’s absolutely covered in melty gooey cheese.
I actually made this recipe for the first time last summer and fell head over heels for it but I hated the photographs – they didn’t do it justice – so I put it in my Re-do File and sort of forgot about it until last week. I made it again and I swear, by some miracle, it was even better than the first time I made it. This time I invited my parents over and my mother who is very picky became and instant fan.
And my father? Well he adored it. And he hates cheese. And Italian food. <—– the audacity! And still, loved my roasted red pepper ravioli. That my friends, is a miracle. A small, foodie miracle but a miracle nonetheless.
What people are saying about these Roasted Red Pepper Ravioli
“I just loved this suggestion and actually cooked it two days ago. It was a success and I can’t get enough of how simple it is, but then how it looks to have been made from scratch! I’ll be definitely making more of it in the future! Thanks for all the good ideas!” – Vera
Roasted Red Pepper Ravioli
- 18 ounces ravioli (I used spinach & cheese stuffed ravioli)
- 1 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 30-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- fresh basil (optional)
- Cook ravioli according to package instructions. (If you don't have instructions, boil for 4-5 minutes, drain, and set aside) Preheat oven to 400.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine roasted red pepper, tomato sauce, garlic, cream cheese, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Uncover, stir until cream cheese is incorporated.
- Spread 1 cup of the sauce in the bottom of a large casserole dish or 9x13 inch pan. Layer the ravioli in the pan. Pour remaining sauce over the ravioli. Top with the parmesan cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with fresh basil if desired, serve warm.