Easy baked churros stuffed with melty cream cheese! An easy 20-minute treat that will be the hit of the party!
Cinco de Mayo is in a couple of days and we could not be more excited!Not that I need an excuse to stuff myself with Mexican-style foods of every kind, because I pretty much do that all the time anyway. But this is just a chance to really go over the top. And a great excuse to make some 20-minute baked churros that are stuffed with ooey gooey cream cheese and dipped in chocolate sauce. Yeah, you’re drooling now, I can see that.
I’m not kidding, these really are the easiest dessert in the world and they are sooooo good! They honestly take only 20 minutes and that means less prepping, and more churro eating. Plus I included pretty awesome step by step photos for you today! (okay they’re not that awesome, but they do the job) So there can be no confusion here – just a cake walk to yummy baked churro goodness!
These are good plain, but I really love them in chocolate sauce, and my favorite is dipping them in salted caramel sauce. Ahhhh! Heavenly! I am so excited to serve these up at our Cinco de Mayo party – they’re gonna bring the house down!
20 Minute Cream Cheese Stuffed Churros
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 12 ounces cream cheese (you'll need to 8 ounce blocks of cream cheese but won't use all of the second block), I used fat free
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- optional: chocolate sauce or caramel sauce, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 and generously grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Lay your thawed puff pastry sheets out on a clean flat surface. Slice the blocks of cream cheese lengthwise into 12 thin slices. Lay 2 slices of cream cheese end to end on one end of the puff pastry. Lay 2 more end to end in the middle of the puff pastry, and 2 more at the opposite end of the puff pastry from the first 2 slices of cream cheese. (See step by step pictures above for visuals) Repeat process with second puff pastry.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the puff pastries into 3 equal sections. Pinch the sides of the individual puff pastry sections to enclose the cream cheese inside. Cut into two equal pieces. (See step by step pictures above for visuals)
- Lay pastries out on prepared pan, careful to leave about 2 inches between each one so they don't touch. Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown. While they are baking, whisk together sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl. Remove from oven and brush with melted butter on both sides of each pastry.
- Place the pastries in the bowl of cinnamon-sugar, tossing to coat. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired (for a fancy touch) and serve with warmed chocolate sauce or caramel sauce for dipping if desired.