Sweet and salty, crunchy Microwave Peanut Brittle candy – easy to make in just a few minutes!
Hey heyyyyyyyyyy are you ready for Thanksgiving?? I hear ya. Are we ever really ready for the holidays? No. Well, I’m not. The holiday always comes and I think, there was so much more I was planning to do – decorations, food, activities…. somehow my plans never all come to fruition.
But I’m getting a jump start on my holiday baking at least! Neighbor gifts are always a part of my holiday plans and for some of my gifts I’m making this super easy and totally delicious peanut brittle you can make in a few minutes in your microwave. You can’t beat that!!
The only hard part is actually parting with the tasty stuff – you’ll want to keep the whole lot of it for yourself!!
Microwave Peanut Brittle
- 1 ½ cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Grease a baking sheet, and set aside.
- In a glass bowl, combine peanuts, sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Cook in microwave for 6 to 7 minutes on High power. Mixture should be bubbly and peanuts browned.
- Stir in butter and vanilla then cook 2 to 3 minutes longer. ( see note)
- Quickly stir in baking soda (just until mixture is foamy). Pour immediately onto greased baking sheet.
- Allow cool 15 minutes or until set. Break into pieces (I just use a butter knife to crack it apart), and store in an airtight container.
Recipe from here.