Learn how to make soft, buttery cinnamon sugar biscuit waffles (4 ingredients) and a simple candied pecan topping for a scrumptious breakfast or dessert. It’s so easy!
I’m working on a list of about 597 occasions you could use as an excuse to whip up the dreamiest breakfast of your life, aka cinnamon sugar biscuit waffles with just 4 ingredients and if you’re feelin’ real crazy, a 5 minute candied pecan topping.
1) You had a good day.
2) You had a bad day.
3-9) Because it’s ______. (<—insert day of the week here. they all have their reasons.)
10) Bad hair day.
11) Can’t find your keys.
12) Christmas morning!! *.*.*
Because it’s the holiday season, I’m mostly thinking about number 12 on that list. We are a week into December (STOP IT) and Christmas is approaching faster than I want it to. I need this season to slow down, pleeeeeeease. But I have had time to think about what we’ll be having for breakfast on Christmas morning and you better believe it’s gonna be these cinnamon sugar biscuit waffles.
They meet all of my Christmas morning breakfast checklist items. Easy, quick, crazy delicious, a little bit magical, can be eaten by both adults and 1 year olds with less than a full mouth of teeth… Oh did I mention easy??
Yeah I think I said that already but it deserves more attention because these beauties start with a can of Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits (or any brand of refrigerated biscuits really, as long as you love em and trust em to be puffy, flaky, and totally delicious) and require only three other ingredient plus your toppings of choice. Don’t feel like you have to make the candied pecans but if you have an extra five minutes, they’re totally worth it.
You’ll also love these Belgian Waffles!
Cinnamon Sugar Biscuit Waffles (4 ingredients)
- 1 package/tube refrigerated biscuit dough - (8-pack)
- 4 tablespoons butter - melted
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- maple syrup for serving (optional) - (optional)
Candied Pecans Topping
- ½ cup pecans
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine the 1/3 cup sugar and 3 teaspoons cinnamon in wide shallow bowl and stir well. Set aside.
- Grease a waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray (or butter). Place biscuit in the center of the iron, close and cook until biscuit is puffed and browned.
- Brush waffle with butter on both sides making sure to cover as much surface area as possible.
- Dip waffle in cinnamon-sugar mixture, moving the waffle around as needed to coat the whole surface with cinnamon-sugar. Serve with syrup and candied pecan topping if desired.
Candied Pecan Topping
- Combine pecans and sugar in a small-medium pan and stir over medium-high heat 2-4 minutes until sugar is melted. Reduce heat to low and immediately sprinkle cinnamon over the nuts and sugar. Continue to stir until pecans are coated in the melted sugar. Transfer to a plate or baking pan to cool until ready to use.
Great for 597 occasions and more 🙂 Thank you and have a pleasant weekend !