Baked Croissant Breakfast Sandwiches made with fluffy and cheesy scrambled eggs, sliced ham, sharp cheddar cheese, on buttery croissants. Easy to make-ahead and freeze for grab-n-go meals too!
I’ve never been much of a morning person, so for me to get excited about anything in the early hours of the day – yes, even food – it’s gotta be something real good. Preferably something that involves super fluffy, cheesy scrambled eggs piled high with cheddar and ham on a fluffy croissant.
You see where this is going, don’t you?
Today I’m sharing with you one of my favorite, go-to, knock-your-socks off and make you wanna rise with the sun breakfast recipes. Cheddar and ham Baked Croissant Breakfast Sandwiches for. the. win.
I make scrambled eggs the way my mother made them, with milk, cheese, and good old salt and pepper to taste. My mom always made Saturday morning scrambled eggs with evaporated milk and those cheese slices that come individually wrapped in plastic – do you know what I’m talking about?I adored her scrambled eggs when I was growing up, but since I’ve gotten into adulthood, and especially since having my own kids, I’ve swapped out her go-to’s for some more nutritious alternatives like quality shredded cheese and Horizon Organic Whole Milk.
I adored her scrambled eggs when I was growing up, but since I’ve gotten into adulthood, and especially since having my own kids, I’ve swapped out her go-to’s for some more nutritious alternatives like quality shredded cheese and Horizon Organic Whole Milk.
Baked Croissant Breakfast Sandwiches
- 8 croissants, sliced in half
- 8 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 slices deli ham
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup Horizon Organic Whole Milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Horizon Organic Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange bottom half of croissants in Ia single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Place one slice of ham and one slice of cheese on each croissant.
- Once eggs begin to look mostly cooked, stir in shredded mozzarella cheese until melted and combined, then finish cooking eggs to your liking. Remove from heat.
- Top ham and cheese with a large scoop of scrambled eggs. Top with second half of the croissant buns. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until cheddar cheese is melty and croissants are toasted.
- Serve immediately OR allow to cool completely before wrapping individually in plastic wrap and freezing. To reheat, unwrap, place on a paper towel and microwave for 1 minute or until heated through.