Baked Croissant Breakfast Sandwiches made with fluffy and cheesy scrambled eggs, sliced ham, sharp cheddar cheese, on buttery croissants. Easy to make-ahead and freeze for grab-n-go meals too!
Breakfasts need to be quick and easy around here. We also love Blueberry Cream Cheese French Toast Muffins, Easy Oatmeal Pancakes, and Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls.
I’ve never been much of a morning person, so for me to get excited about anything in the early hours of the day – yes, even food – it’s gotta be something real good. Preferably something that involves super fluffy, cheesy scrambled eggs piled high with cheddar and ham on a fluffy croissant.
You see where this is going, don’t you?
Today I’m sharing with you one of my favorite, go-to, knock-your-socks off and make you wanna rise with the sun breakfast recipes. Cheddar and ham Baked Croissant Breakfast Sandwiches for. the. win.
I make scrambled eggs the way my mother made them, with milk, cheese, and good old salt and pepper to taste. My mom always made Saturday morning scrambled eggs with evaporated milk and those cheese slices that come individually wrapped in plastic – do you know what I’m talking about?I adored her scrambled eggs when I was growing up, but since I’ve gotten into adulthood, and especially since having my own kids, I’ve swapped out her go-to’s for some more nutritious alternatives like quality shredded cheese and Horizon Organic Whole Milk.
I adored her scrambled eggs when I was growing up, but since I’ve gotten into adulthood, and especially since having my own kids, I’ve swapped out her go-to’s for some more nutritious alternatives like quality shredded cheese and Horizon Organic Whole Milk.
Baked Croissant Breakfast Sandwiches
- 8 croissants - sliced in half
- 8 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 slices deli ham
- 6 large eggs
- ⅓ cup Whole Milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange bottom half of croissants in Ia single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Place one slice of ham and one slice of cheese on each croissant.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour egg mixture into greased pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Use a wooden spoon or a rubber spatula to gently stir the eggs, being sure to scrape the bottom of the pan as you are stirring so eggs cook evenly.
- Once eggs begin to look mostly cooked, stir in shredded mozzarella cheese until melted and combined, then finish cooking eggs to your liking. Remove from heat.
- Top ham and cheese with a large scoop of scrambled eggs. Top with second half of the croissant buns. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until cheddar cheese is melty and croissants are toasted.
- Serve immediately OR allow to cool completely before wrapping individually in plastic wrap and freezing. To reheat, unwrap, place on a paper towel and microwave for 1 minute or until heated through.
I have made these a couple of times. They are quick and delicious. A big hit at my house. Thank you for another great recipe.
Has anyone made this with bacon or sausage?
Wonderful recipe. It works great for breakfast on the go. I subbed Honey-Maple Turkey for the ham because the family isn’t a fan of Ham. I will be making this recipe for a long time. Thanks so much