These grilled sweet n’ spicy bang bang chicken kabobs are so easy and crazy delicious! Perfect for summer grillin’!
Time to fire up the grill!! Ha. Funny story about grilling… My husband and I bought our home last summer and moved into the house sometime in July. Before that we’d been living in a teeny tiny itsy bitsy studio apartment above a dentist’s office – so we had no yard and no patio, nowhere to put a grill. One of the first things we wanted when we moved into our new place was a big fancy grill to put on the back deck.
While we looked for the grill of our dreams, we borrowed a little camping stove from my parents! Ha…. oh good times. It was really small but we somehow managed to cram 2 chicken breasts, some veggies, and a bunch of fresh peaches on that thing at one time. We actually never found the grill we wanted before the season ended so it wasn’t until a few weeks ago that we bought our own and finally gave back the camping stove to my parents. We’re pretty excited about our new BIG grill – I’ve used it 3 or 4 times already and it’s not even summer yet! Just imagine what must be coming in the near future… (wink wink).
When I saw some bang bang chicken kabobs over at Center Cut Cook, I absolutely had to make some of my own. My mouth was watering just thinking about them and looking at the pictures. I love the idea of grilled chicken kabobs with an Asian flare. Actually, I like the idea of anything with an Asian flare. What can I say, working at an Asian restaurant for 4 years does that to ya.
I’m just going to be blunt here. These turned out uh-MAZING! Seriously. Oh my word, so good. The chicken is juicy and tender, and the sauce… ohhhhh the sauce! I could drink that sauce straight from a mason jar I tell ya. Make sure you double the sauce recipe so you have plenty extra for dipping, dunking, and smothering your chicken – you will thank me later!
If you like these Bang Bang Chicken Kabobs, you’ll love my Spicy Apricot Chicken, Baked Orange Chicken, Baked Cheesy Chicken Taquitos, Thai Chicken Chopped Salad, Pineapple Chicken, 15-Minute Cashew Chicken, and Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken.
Bang Bang Chicken Kabobs
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts - cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper - chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper - chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion - (I used ½ white onion, ½ red onion)
Bang Bang Sauce*
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 4 tablespoons greek yogurt - (may sub sour cream)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup sweet red chili sauce - (found in the Asian section at most grocery stores)
- ½ teaspoon sriracha - (a hot red chili garlic sauce found in the Asian section at most grocery stores)
- 1 teaspoon honey - *If using wooden skewers, soak for 30 minutes before grilled so they won't burn.*Add chicken pieces and 1/2 of the sauce to a zip lock bag and toss to coat. Chill 15 minutes.
- **If using wooden skewers, soak for 30 minutes before grilled so they won't burn. Add chicken pieces and 1/2 of the sauce to a zip lock bag and toss to coat. Chill 15 minutes.
- Preheat your grill and brush with oil. Skewer your chicken pieces and discard marinade. Skewer peppers and onions - I like to do this on separate skewers from the chicken because veggies tend to be done grilled before the chicken.
- Place skewers on the preheated grill and cook about 4-5 minutes. Turn over skewers and cook another 4-5 minutes. when the chicken is cooked through and start to get a bit of char, remove from grill. Pour remaining sauce over the chicken skewers. Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Center Cut Cook.