These saucy kabobs are so easy to make and loaded with flavor – they’ll be the hit at your next backyard BBQ!
I have the best summer grilling recipe for you today. Really, the best. My original idea for these kabobs was pretty boring. Chicken + sauce. But then I thought, you know what this chicken needs?? BACON. Everything is better with bacon right? Right. So bacon came to join this party, and woah… thank heaven it did.
The honey bbq sauce on these skewers is to-die-for yummy. My husband went nuts for it so you know it’s definitely man-approved. The best part is that this meal comes together in 20-30 minutes. Bata-bing-bata-boom! Yummmmm. Try it, you’re gonna love it!
What people are saying about these Grilled Honey BBQ Bacon Chicken Kabobs
“Made this for dinner. BBQ sauce was great. We grilled some corn on the cob and my husband slathered the sauce all over the corn, too! Thanks for a great recipe!!” – Bonnie
“My husband… asked who had made the sauce. When I told him I had, he said: Thank goodness, because I just tried it and decided I was going to kiss whoever prepared it. I gladly accepted the kiss, but passed the credit on to you After we finished eating, we all agreed that these were the best kabobs we’d ever tried. My niece’s boyfriend in particular just couldn’t stop gushing about how wonderful they were.” – Jen
“Made this for dinner tonight. Phenomenal! The flavor is so good, we had a hard time stopping when full. Thank you for sharing. This will be made again and again.” – April
Grilled Honey BBQ Bacon Chicken Kabobs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts - chopped into bite size pieces
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 red bell pepper - chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper - chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper - chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Heat oil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add all the remaining sauce ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and allow to cook over low until ready to use.
- Skewer chicken pieces, pepper pieces, and bacon onto the skewers. Brush sauce over skewers. Grill over medium heat 4-5 minutes, then rotate, brush with more sauce, and cook another 4-5 minutes until chicken is cooked through and bacon is cooked to desired doneness.
- Serve skewers warm with additional sauce for dipping or drizzling. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Favorite Family Recipes.