A few simple ingredients and a light dressing make this grilled corn salad a healthy and flavorful summer dish!
Gahhhhhhhh! Farmer’s market season is in full swing and that is a very very happy thing for someone like me who 1) was NOT blessed with a green thumb and 2) L O V E S fresh produce.
Last summer I became borderline obsessed with grilling fresh corn on the cob. I think my poor husband had to endure it every other day for a about a month there and on top of that, it became my go-to contribution for family dinners which we have every Sunday with either my side or his, since we all live so close by. After alllll of that corn on the cob grilling practice, I have three very important tips:
1) after removing the husks, brush the corn with a little bit of oil. and by brush I absolutely mean to rub it on with your hands. a little bit of EVOO does wonders for dry summer hands in addition to helping the seasoning to stick to the corn (see Tip #2)
2) season season season. pick your flavor profile, and then season those beauties liberally. this particular salad is a very light, summery, fresh salad so we are seasoning the corn with a bit of garlic, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning – but I’ve used cajun spices, Mexican spices, Indian spices – it’s all amazing and that’s why grilled corn can go with anything and everything.
3) lay a sheet of Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil on the grill so it is between the grates and your beautifully husked, oiled, and seasoned corn. nothing is more sad than grilled corn that is inedible because it is stuck to your grill or covered in an overabundance of char.
Oh oh and one more bonus tip actually.
4) use a really really sharp knife to cut the corn off of the cobs. using a dull knife will ruin your corn and smush those beautifully lightly charred kernels you just grilled to tasty perfection.
If you follow those tips and toss your corn with some heirloom or cherry tomatoes, red onion, fresh basil, and a simple oil and vinegar dressing, you are going to have a new best friend in your life and it will be this grilled corn salad. Every potluck. Every backyard barbecue. Every weeknight dinner after a long day of sun and fun. This grilled corn salad will be there.
Grilled Corn Salad
A few simple ingredients make this grilled corn salad with light and hearty flavor, perfect for summer.
- 3 ears of corn on the cob, husks removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups baby heirloom tomatoes, chopped (may sub cherry tomatoes)
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat grill to medium heat and place a 12x12inch piece of Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil on the grill.
Brush corn with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Place corn on foil and cook for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, until kernels begin to char. Remove from heat and slice kernals off of the cob.
Toss together corn, tomatoes, onions, and basil in a medium bowl.
Whisk together all dressing ingredients. Add to salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
This yummy salad recipe has been sponsored by Reynolds – thanks for letting me work with the brands I love.
Check out Reynolds Kitchen Instagram for more tasty recipes.