Thin mint crust topped with a thick cheesecake layer and finished off with crushed thin mint cookies and chocolate sauce.
Oh heaven. These bars you guys. These mega-yummy cheesecake bars. You need them.
Anyone out there a girl scout alumni?? I wanted to be a girl scout when I was younger but for who knows what reason that never happened. So of all of your former cookie-sellers, I praise you for your contribution to the world. Thin mints and samoas are two of the greatest things you could ever give our society. I lovehate you for it actually. Because self control with tasty treats is not exactly one of my strong points. And it takes quite a lot of something I love to get sick of it. I’ve made it through two boxes of girl scout cookies in the past three days and I’m still craving more sooooo yeah. I rest my case.
These cheesecake bars start with a thin mint cookie base that is finger-lickin-good. Then pile on a thick and creamy cheesecake layer which can be flavored with vanilla extract or mint, depending on your personal preference. Top that off with chocolate sauce and, of course, more chocolate n’ mint cookies for the ultimate treat. They’re so easy to make and seriously so good so pleeeeease make them. And then bring me one or seven.
What people are saying about this Thin Mint Cheesecake Bars
“Yum! This recipe is delicious. I made it today with some of the Thin Mints I bought and it turned out great. I am thinking about trying it again but putting a layer of chocolate sauce between the crust and the cheesecake to give it a little extra chocolatelyness. I can’t wait to see how that turns out.” – Abby
Try this No-Bake Cheesecake recipe next!
Thin Mint Cheesecake Bars
- 34 thin mint cookies - (see note!)
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese - softened
- 1 egg - (at room temperature)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla - OR ¾ teaspoon mint extract
- 2-3 drops green food coloring - (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8x8 inch baking pan with nonstick foil.
- Add thin mint cookies, sugar, and butter to a food processor or blender and pulse until blended. Press mixture evenly into the bottom of your prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool while you make cheesecake layer.
- Whisk together the egg and sugar until light and foamy. Add cream cheese and vanilla (or mint) extract and green food coloring (if desired) and mix until smooth. Pour mixture over crust. Return to oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until cheesecake layer is set. (You can gently wiggle the pan to see if the cheesecake is set - it shouldn't jiggle when it's done)
- Allow pan to cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes, then transfer to fridge to finish cooling completely (at least one hour). Cut into bars, top with chocolate sauce and crushed thin mint cookies and serve.
Prep time does not include one hour of chilling time.