Easy, healthy, garlic herb butter salmon and asparagus foil packs are a quick and tasty 30 minute meal for summer nights, camping, and cookouts. The flaky salmon and tender asparagus will melt in your mouth!
This is so many of my favorite things, coming together in one super easy and SUPER delicious summer meal.
You know that I’m a fan of salmon – BIG fan – and asparagus just might be my favorite summertime vegetable. Bring those together in a simple and easy to prepare foil pack dinner and I’m in heaven!
The herb butter is so simple. The key is just to let the butter come to room temperature ahead of time so that it is easy to mash with the garlic and seasonings with a fork. Drop a few dollops of that savory herb butter on top of the salmon and asparagus, wrap it all tightly in a neat little tin foil package, and cook it on the grill or in the oven.
These are tasty year round, but especially fun for Summer when you’re grilling out in the backyard, or camping. Prepare them ahead of time for an even quicker dinner! Oh and cleanup is a breeze! Eat straight from the foil and then toss when you’re done.
It’s like magic.
What people are saying about these Herb Butter Salmon and Asparagus Foil Packs
“I’ve got to admit, this has become a go-to recipe for a quick and easy meal when we need one! It is delicious, hot, and if you do it right, it has a nice ratio of veggies to fish and is VERY filling. I think I’ve made it 5-6 times now and each time I enjoy it!’ – Ryan
“I made this tonight. My wife LOVED IT!!! Not only was it easy to prepare but OMG, it was sooooo good. Thanks!” – Carlton
“Delicious! I’ve made it twice! It’s a fool proof easy meal – a little prep for a great reward!!!” – Audrey
“Made this dish for my hubby about a month ago-he said it was a restaurant quality meal!” – Dinah
Herb Butter Salmon and Asparagus Foil Packs
- 4 boneless skineless salmon fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced, (plus additional wedges for garnish)
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- fresh thyme or parsley, for garnish
- Season salmon generously with salt and pepper on both sides. Arrange one salmon fillet and 1/4 of the asparagus in the center of one 12x12 inch piece of foil. Repeat with remaining salmon and asparagus on 3 other pieces of foil. Slide lemon slices under the salmon and asparagus.
- In a small bowl mix butter, Italian seasoning, and garlic. Drop large dollops of the herb butter on top of the salmon and asparagus.
- Fold the foil tightly around the salmon and asparagus, being sure to seal the ends together tightly so the juices and butter doesn't run out while cooking. Grill over medium high heat for 6-8 minutes on each side, OR bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, until asparagus is tender and salmon is flaky.
- Drizzle fresh lemon juice over the top and serve immediately.