Easy and healthy lemon herb shrimp and broccoli foil packs have fantastic, fresh flavors and are a breeze to whip up in less than 30 minutes.
This recipe meets all my requirements for a quick and simple dinner. Foil pack meals are a must in my house, especially in the summertime! This zesty lemon shrimp and broccoli version is one of my favorites yet. No surprise there, when it involves shrimp I just can’t resist.
When I’m cooking I often find that simple ingredients, together, create the best dishes. All you need for this tasty dinner is shrimp, broccoli, lemons, butter, and a few seasonings. Whisk together some melted butter, minced garlic, and dried herbs and toss it with your broccoli and shrimp before dividing it between the foil packs.
There are two options for the broccoli depending on your personal preference. If you like your broccoli more firm, then go right ahead and skip the boiling part. If you like your broccoli really tender, just boil it for 2-3 minutes before adding them to your foil packs.
This meal will blow you away with how easy and delicious it is! Your family will love the flavors, and you will love the quick prep and no-mess cleanup!
- 1½ pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4-6 cups broccoli florets
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ lemon, thinly sliced
- ½ lemon, cut into wedges
- fresh parsley or thyme for topping (optional)
- Combine shrimp and broccoli in a large bowl. (SEE NOTE) Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a small bowl whisk together melted butter, honey, garlic, basil, oregano, thyme, and red pepper flakes. Pour mixture over shrimp and broccoli, then toss to combine.
- Divide shrimp and broccoli between four 12x12 inch pieces of foil. Add 2-3 lemon slices to each, then wrap tightly to close each foil pack.
- Grill over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes OR bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Drizzle fresh lemon juice (using the lemon wedges) over the shrimp and broccoli and top with fresh parsley or thyme if desired. Serve immediately.