Flaky pink salmon and the most addictive tangy and savory lime butter sauce turn these easy grilled lime butter salmon skewers into an instant favorite.
I’m going to tell you right now that four ingredients never tastes so good as they do right here, right now in these grilled lime butter salmon skewers.
When you read the ingredient list there might be a millisecond where you think no that’s five ingredients! But is it really? Because I’ve listed lime juice and lime zest….. from one lime. So really you’re just using one lime in this recipe and I’m counting that as one ingredient here. You with me?
So that leaves us with three other simple ingredients.
salmon + butter + garlic
And I’m thinking that if I had to live off of four ingredients for the rest of my life, they quite possibly could be these four because this salmon. That sauce. THIS IS LYFE.
The process is easy peasy lime squeezy (<— you see what I did there?) Start by removing the skin from your big, juicy salmon fillet. If you use a really sharp knife this is a cinch. Then discard the skin, and cut the salmon into pieces about 1 1/2 inches wide. Don’t get a ruler out and stress yourself – just estimate and cut it into bite-size pieces.
Then skewer your salmon pieces and move on to the sauce. Butter is melted and boiled for a couple of minutes, then combined with garlic, lime juice, and lime zest. Brush your salmon with some of this DE-lectable sauce and transfer your skewers to the grill. 8-10 minutes later your salmon is ready to go.
All that’s left to do is drizzle the rest of your lime butter sauce right over the salmon and D E V O U R.
And do your happy dance of course.
Grilled Lime Butter Salmon Skewers
- 1 large (1-1 ½ pounds) salmon fillet - (see note)
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- juice of 1 lime
- zest of 1 lime - plus extra for topping
- Grease and preheat your grill. Use a very sharp knife to remove the skin from the salmon fillet and cut salmon into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Thread salmon pieces onto your metal or wooden skewers being sure to keep at least 1/2 inch between each piece of salmon. (if using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for 30 minutes prior to using so they don't catch fire on the grill)
- Prepare your lime-butter sauce by melting your butter over medium heat in a medium size sauce pan. Once melted, bring to a boil and cook for 3-4 minutes until color starts to darken a bit.
- Add garlic, lime juice, and lime zest to your melted butter and stir over heat for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Brush salmon skewers with butter sauce. (you should have some leftover) Grill salmon for 6-10 minutes, turning throughout to ensure even cooking. Remove from heat and drizzle remaining lime butter sauce over salmon and serve immediately.