Easy Teriyaki Shrimp Skewers marinated in a quick teriyaki sauce and grilled for incredible smoky flavor!
Do you realize that September is pretty much here? How did this happen?! Summer is over. Gone. And the only reason I’m semi-okay with that fact is because my absolute favorite season comes right after Summer. The one that includes cozy sweaters, changing leaf colors, pumpkin pie scented candles, and football games.
For years I’ve been going to college football games with my dad, but this season tailgating is going to look a little bit different for me because I’ve got two little munchkins about to make their big debut in a few weeks and I just don’t see the game outings going quite the same with two babes in tow. Instead of making the hour and a half drive down to my former beloved college town, we’ll be tailgating at home and watching the games on TV.
My siblings and parents like to take turns hosting tailgate parties though so I’m SO excited that Weber is sponsoring this post and provided me with one of their awesome Weber Q® 1200 Portable Gas Grills, as well as a few pieces of their fancy pantsy cooking gear. The grill is so easy to use (let’s talk about how much I love push-start buttons) and portable so I can keep it at home or cart it over to any of my siblings houses for a tailgating party.
Look at how cool it is…
I used the grill for the first time to make this saucy teriyaki shrimp – SO delicious. The sauce is easy peasy to make so don’t bother buying a bottle of teriyaki sauce at the store. You’ll love this version and be amazed at how quick and simple it is. The shrimp is loaded with flavor after marinating the shrimp in part of the sauce, and slathering the rest on right at the end. YUMMMMM!
Bring on tailgating season, I am SO ready for round 2 of this shrimp.
This amazing shrimp recipe was sponsored by The Shrimp Council and Weber. Thanks for letting me work with the brands I love to keep this here blog going!
You’ll love my Best Teriyaki Sauce recipe too!
Teriyaki Shrimp Skewers
- 1 ½ – 2 ½ pounds shrimp - (use more for a main dish, less for appetizers – it’s up to you!)
- 1 ½ cups cold water
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup soy sauce - (I used low sodium)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- cilantro - roughly chopped
- sesame seeds - (optional)
- Add water, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic powder, corn starch, and sesame oil to a medium sauce pan and stir to combine. Stir over medium heat until thickened, then remove from heat.
- Add 1/2 of the sauce and the shrimp to a sealable container and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Thread shrimp on skewers and discard the marinade sauce. Cook shrimp on a preheated grill over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Serve shrimp immediately with remaining sauce and sprinkle with chopped cilantro and sesame seeds.
Oh yummy!! This would be really good!
Can I bake these instead of grilling them?
Yes, about 10-12 minutes at 400 degrees would do the trick I think.
Flip half way? I added zucchini Yellow Squash Pineapple and Green pepper. I am baking this in my eleCtric range
This was the first time I have grilled a main. My husband is at the cottage and I decided to go for it. It was easy and my daughter really liked it (I’m vegetarian). Serves with chopped salad and greek lemon potatoes for a lovely summery meal. thanks for a great recipe (and for helping me overcome my grill shyness;))
Sauce was amazing! I used it on your steak and pinapple skewers and had both together. Family totally loved it! Gobbled it up. Highly recommend.
Thank you for your positive feedback, Jo!