These Southwest Shrimp Salad Stuffed Avocados are made with seasoned sautéed shrimp, fresh veggies, and a quick cilantro lime dressing. They’re healthy, and easy to whip up for lunch or dinner in just 15 minutes!
I had my first-ever day trip yesterday, and by day trip I mean flying out of town in the morning, returning home that same night. It was bizarre! The entire flight out I couldn’t shake the feeling I was forgetting something – my bags! I didn’t pack a thing and it felt crazy to be getting on a plane without at least a carry-on.
But I must say there’s something really nice about going out of town for 12 hours, enjoying a change of pace and change of scenery, and still getting to sleep in your own bed that night.
I might also add that it makes for a long, exhausting day and I’m still trying to recover! I realized I had nothing planned for dinner tonight but I’ve been craving shrimp stuffed avocados something fierce this week and I am so glad I have everything on hand for these easy Southwest Shrimp Salad Stuffed Avocados – they’re pure heaven in your mouth and come together with just a handful of ingredients.
Two things I can’t resist: avocados and easy, flavorful lunch and dinner ideas that come together. These Southwest Shrimp Salad Stuffed Avocados totally fit the bill! They are SO easy and incredibly tasty. You can even customize them by making them a little spicy, or adding your favorite veggies like bell peppers or cucumbers.
These stuffed avocados are the perfect blend of delicious, easy, and healthy. If you are new to the stuffed avocado game, you are in for such a treat my friends!
Southwest Shrimp Salad Stuffed Avocados
- 1/2 pound small shrimp, peeled and tails removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup yellow corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red or white onion, diced
- 4 avocados, sliced in half and pits removed see note
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teapspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1/3 cup packed cilantro, roughly chopped
- juice of 1/2 lime
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients until smooth and creamy and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine shrimp, black beans, corn, tomatoes, onions, and prepared dressing. Toss to combine.
- Fill avocados with shrimp salad. Garnish with additional cilantro if desired, and serve immediately.