Baked honey cilantro lime salmon in foil is cooked to tender, flaky perfection in just 30 minutes with a flavorful garlic and honey lime glaze.
If you haven’t cooked fish before, this is the perfect place to start. Then again, if you have been cooking fish for years, this is still perfect for you. It’s as simple and easy as a recipe could possibly be, yet so, SO incredibly tasty.
Tasty enough to make my father say it’s as good, or even better than the best restaurant salmon he’s ever tried. And that’s saying something because my father is a life-long lover and restaurant order-er of salmon.
All of that flavor comes from a 4 ingredient glaze that will blow. your. mind. Seriously, I’m obsessed with this combination of flavors. Melted butter, garlic, freshly squeezed lime juice, and honey.
That’s IT. Just pour that good stuff over the salmon, wrap it in foil, and bake it to flaky, tender perfection.
This 30 minute meal will turn salmon skeptics into salmon lovers and will win a permanent spot on your regular menu.
If that’s not enough to convince you… cleanup is a breeze! You can use that foil to wrap up any leftovers for tomorrow’s lunch, or toss the whole thing right in the garbage – no pan scrubbing required.
This honey cilantro lime salmon is a busy weeknight cook’s dream.
Here’s what people are saying about this Honey Cilantro Lime Salmon
“I rarely leave reviews but this one is worth my time to review! I’ve made this about 4 times now and it is DELICIOUS! My kids won’t order salmon out now because they “only like it the way i make it” using your recipe.” – Tessa
“This recipe is SO flavorful. My family and I couldn’t stop eating it!” – Carol
“I made this recipe tonight and believe me, this will be the only way I will eat salmon ever again.” – Nick
“A friend served this for dinner last night and it was amazing! Best salmon I’ve ever had and I eat salmon all the time.” – Frances
Baked Honey Cilantro Lime Salmon in Foil
- 1 large salmon fillet (see note)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (see note)
- juice of 2 limes (plus one lime, thinly sliced)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line and grease a large baking sheet with foil. Lay salmon on foil and season with salt and pepper on both sides to taste. Slip lime slices underneath the salmon.
- Stir together butter, lime juice, honey, and garlic. Pour mixture over salmon. Fold sides of foil up over the salmon (don't worry if it doesn't cover the salmon completely).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Switch oven to broil and cook another 5 minutes. Sprinkle chopped cilantro over the top and serve.