Baked Thai pineapple salmon in foil is an easy and healthy 30 minute salmon dish with a sweet and spicy sauce and juicy pineapple all made on one pan with minimal cleanup and maximum flavor.
Last year we had an abnormally light winter with only a handful of snowstorms and the temperatures were pretty tolerable compared to past years. This winter has not been so kind. Snowstorm after snowstorm has rolled through, dumping anywhere from a few inches to a foot of snow on any given day. I’m done with the cold, I’m done with the ice and snow, and I’m ready for warm weather, tanlines, and everything Summer.
I can’t be anywhere sunny and 75 right now, but Dole Packaged Foods products, (including pineapple!!) are available year round so I’m getting my summer fix with this Thai pineapple salmon at the moment and It’s definitely the next best thing to actual Summertime! Having my favorite top-notch fruits and veggies available all the time makes it easy to slip them into my family’s dinner routine on a regular basis. Thank heaven because I can’t live 6 months of the year without pineapple you guys, that’s just not something I was built to handle.
No matter how cold it is outside, I’m feeling pretty elated with a plateful of this baked, flaky salmon with juicy Dole pineapple slices, all smothered in a sweet and spicy Thai sauce and topped with chopped peanuts and cilantro. Baking the salmon and pineapple in foil keeps all of the sauce and juices trapped right around the salmon so it soaks up all the flavors while it’s cooking. Plus it makes for the easiest cleanup! No pans to scrub, no dishes to wash, just toss the messy foil in the garbage and you’re good to go.
What people are saying about this Baked Thai Pineapple Salmon in Foil
“This was an amazing dish! Simple, super tasty and healthy. I can’t wait to make this dish again, but I will double the sauce. It was so delicious to pour over rice! We all wanted more of that amazing Thai flavor. Thank you!” – Michelle
“This was seriously outstanding! My 7 y.o. couldn’t stop eating it – I’ve never seen her eat up something so voraciously! Thank you so much for sharing. I will look at your other recipes Oh, and I used fresh pineapple!!” – Laura
“Made this dish, absolutely delicious! I served it with sweet and salty coconut rice. So good!” – Amber
“I made this tonight. Very, very good! I will definitely make this again. Only thing I might do differently next time is carmelize the pineapple in a skillet before I use it in the dish. Definitely a keeper!” – Renee
Baked Thai Pineapple Salmon in Foil
- 1 large salmon fillet
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 4 tablespons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 can Dole Pineapple Slices (drained except for 1/4 cup of juice)
- 3 tablespoons peanuts, roughly chopped
- cilantro, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with nonstick foil. Lay salmon in the center and season with salt and pepper. Slip pineapple slices underneath the edges of the salmon.q
- Whisk together sweet chili sauce, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, and 1/4 cup pineapple juice. Pour mixture over salmon. Fold edges of foil up around the salmon.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Pull back the edges of the foil to expose the salmon, switch to broil and cook another 5-10 minutes until edges just barely begin to blacken.
- Sprinkle chopped cilantro and peanuts over the top and serve.
Recipe in partnership with Dole Sunshine.