Rich and Creamy White Chicken Lasagna Soup comes together in just 30 minutes to make a comforting soup you’ll crave all year long.
I absolutely never get sick of soups. Even in the throws of Summer when it’s blazing hot outside I still crave a bowl of soup on a regular basis. This is one of my new favorites and I already know I’ll be making this for the rest of the year.
This soup is rich, creamy, and comes together in about 30 minutes. Everything I want in a quick weeknight dinner! The best part is that it’s a soup version of a pasta dish I just can’t get enough of. I’m rarely a fan of traditional ground beef and red sauce lasagna but white chicken lasagna is right up my alley.
This soup is so easy and so delicious I know that you and your family will love it. To make it, start by cooking chicken in a large pot just until cooked through, then transfer it to a plate and cover to keep warm while you make the soup.
In the same pot where you cooked the chicken, make a roux by melting butter and stirring in some minced garlic for a minute or so until nice and fragrant. Stir flour into the butter so that it thickens, then gradually whisk in milk and chicken broth.
Add seasonings and shredded parmesan cheese and cream cheese and stir until cheese is melted and incorporated into the soup. Give it a taste, add salt and pepper if needed, and add cooked lasagna noodles and the cooked chicken. Serve soup immediately and top it off with cracked black pepper and additional parmesan cheese.
Annnnnd that’s it! Just a few steps and a handful of ingredients is all you need to get this perfectly creamy white chicken lasagna soup on the table. Even the kids will beg for seconds!
What people are saying about this Creamy White Chicken Lasagna Soup
“I made this soup last week. OMG this is sooooo good. My family moans and groans when i make soups or stews for dinner. This however, was a major hit. This recipe is a keeper.” – Jamie
“I tried this last night, and it was delicious! The kids really liked it as well- a nice and comforting soup.” – Amanda
“This was extremely good! My boyfriend and dad loved it and kept talking about how amazing it was.” – Sierra
“This was great! I used 1% milk instead of half and half (just what I had) and omitted the creme cheese and it was plenty rich! I also added some vegetables (corn and sweet potato) because that’s just what I do lol!” – Jessica
Creamy White Chicken Lasagna Soup
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts - cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 6 cups fat free or regular half and half - see note
- 1 teaspoon salt - or to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper - or to taste
- 2 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning blend - see note for substitution
- 4 ounces cream cheese - at room temperature
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh thyme or parsley for garnish
- 8 lasagna noodles, broken into 2-inch pieces and cooked til tender
- Add oil to a large pot over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring throughout until cooked through. Transfer to a dish, cover, and set aside.
- Add butter to pot and stir until melted. Stir in minced garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Sprinkle flour over butter and garlic and stir until thickened. Gradually whisk in half and half and chicken broth.
- Stir in salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes. Stir in parmesan cheese and cream cheese until melted and incorporated.
- Stir in lasagna noodles and chicken. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. Garnish with chopped thyme or parsley and parmesan cheese if desired and serve.